Laser & IPL Training Qualifications
A Range of Formal Qualifications in Laser & Light Therapies
We offer a range of formal qualifications which combine excellent educational content developed in collaboration with the University of Manchester, MATA, VTCT and CIBTAC. Delivered at the UK's only dedicated training academy specifically for laser & IPL training, our brand-new, state-of-the-art premises offer the perfect environment for in-depth clinical training. Working with our friendly team of experienced lecturers, you will be trained and assisted to help ensure you gain level 4 accreditation.
Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Cosmetic Practice
This specialised Level 3 qualification is written by CIBTAC and provides the underpinning knowledge and skills to allow you to enter aesthetic practice for the safe and effective use of laser and intense light systems. Not only will you learn the fundamentals of laser and light therapies, you will also develop skills in skin analysis and assessment, anatomy and physiology, patient consultation, and health and safety in the clinical environment. The cost of this qualification is £1500 inc VAT and will provide delegates with a Certificate in the Principles Of Cosmetic Practice.
Throughout this online course you will learn:
- laser and light systems, what they are and the treatments they deliver
- light-tissue interactions
- working safely in a laser and light clinic
- anatomy and physiology
- structure and function of the skin and hair
- patient assessment, consultation, skin assessment and classification
- taking a medical history and record keeping
- indications and contraindications to light based therapies
- pre and post-treatment care
- delivering safe and effective treatments
- how to avoid and manage complications from light-based treatments.
If you are new to laser and light therapies, you will need to sit a separate, one-day ‘Core of Knowledge’ course which is a requirement for all laser and light therapists working under Local Authority licensing and is also one of the pre-requisites for the Level 4 and Level 5 qualifications.
Following on from completing your online assignments you will then be required to attend two Assessment days which will be held in London, Cheshire or Burnley in the first instance, with more venues available shortly.
After successful completion of the entry Level 3 qualification, you will be well prepared to study specific laser and light qualifications and will have a great foundation in the key skills of patient assessment and their suitability for a range of aesthetic treatments.
If you would like to apply for this exciting new Level 3 certificate, please contact Julie Baskerville on 01477 536973 or firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to take payment. You will then be able to get started on the knowledge modules on their learning platform with videos, learning resources, quizzes and tests that prepare you for the face-to-face clinical sessions.
Level 4 Laser Training Qualifications
We are currently offering a Certificate in Laser and Light Treatments with VTCT. It is a 7-day course in total (Cost £1980.00 incl VAT). For those offering both hair removal and skin rejuvenation treatments, this is the qualification to suit your needs. As well as the time in the classroom, there will be some portfolio work to complete with regards to risk assessment, client care and consultation procedure.
To be able to complete the L4 courses, you need to have gained a L3 Beauty qualification or come from a medical background and attended a separate Core Of Knowledge course within the last three years. If you have completed a L2 beauty qualification or have no previous qualifications within the beauty or medical industry, you will need to complete the L3 Certificate in the Principles of Cosmetic Practice, details of which are given above.
The next course running in the north will be held at Holmes Chapel, Cheshire and the dates are:-
Monday 3rd - Thursday 6th September- Days 1-4 - Hair Removal
Monday 8th - Wednesday 10th October- Days 5-7 – Skin Rejuvenation
Monday 5th - Thursday 8th November- Days 1-4 - Hair Removal
Monday 3rd - Wednesday 5th December- Days 5-7 – Skin Rejuvenation
Please note that if delegates do not pass the practical assessment there is a charge of £200 to re-sit this consultation procedure.
Level 4 Laser Training Qualifications
We are delighted to announce that we are also a CIBTAC Accredited Training Centre. This Level 4 qualification is offered to all Lynton customers at £1680.00 incl VAT. This means we can now offer Laser / IPL operators the opportunity to gain a QCF regulated Level 4 Laser and Light Qualification, in the following areas:
- Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Hair Removal Treatments
- Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Treatments for Skin Rejuvenation
- Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Light Therapy Treatments – For those offering both hair removal and rejuvenation treatments this is the qualification to suit your needs
Anyone with a beauty, medical or nursing qualification will already have the required pre-requisites to sit the course; those customers without a beauty or medical background will need to complete the Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Cosmetic Practice which you can see above.
This distance learning course will take between 6-12 months to complete and will include the following:
- A theory work pack for completion in your own time. This will cover anatomy and physiology, underpinning knowledge of laser and IPL treatments, structure and function of skin and hair, electrical science etc.
- Details of three assignments which need to be completed. These cover topics relating to Health and Safety, Client Care and Communication, and Client Aftercare.
- You will need to provide case studies which should have been completed within your clinic, details for which will be in your assignment folder.
- Once your work pack and case studies are completed, you will then visit the Lynton Clinic to complete your theory and practical exam with a CIBTAC examiner.
Level 5 Tattoo Removal Qualification
We also now offer a Level 5 Tattoo Removal qualification which is also accredited by VTCT.
This course is run in a very similar way to the Level 4 classroom-based course and is over five days in total. The course will provide delegates with a formal qualification in the use of Lasers for Tattoo Removal.
The next available dates for this course are:
Tuesday 18th- Thursday 20th September 2018
Monday 15th- Tuesday 16th October 2018
The cost of this course is £2220 inc VAT and the course is held at the Lynton Training Academy, Holmes Chapel, Cheshire.
For more information on any of the above courses please contact Charlotte Nield on 01477 531 186 or email email@example.com.